Standard Application Process
1. Attend a Virtual Open House or Tuesday Talk and Tour
IDEAL’s Virtual Open Houses highlight our Lower, Middle, and High School Programs. Meet our students, faculty, and parents, see our classes, and learn about The IDEAL Difference at our Virtual Open Houses.
Our Tuesday Talk and Tour series will occur throughout the year. The Tuesday Talk and Tour series offers families an opportunity to meet with IDEAL admissions personnel via Zoom to answer general questions about the school prior to submitting an application.
2. Submit an Application
3. Schedule a Virtual Parent Interview
A member of our admissions team will contact prospective parents to schedule an interview and to provide an opportunity for you to learn more about our program.
4. Schedule a Virtual Child Visit or Observation
Applicants for kindergarten:
Kindergarten applicants are encouraged, though not required, to complete the Thinking and Engagement (T&E) Assessment. Please see this page for more information. Please reach out to the admissions office if your child will not be taking the T&E Assessment.
Applicants for first to twelfth grade:
Students determined to be a potential fit by the Admissions Committee will be invited to virtually interview and/or visit the school. Transcripts from the student’s current school, the Confidential Teacher Report, and all other necessary evaluations or reports must be submitted before a student will be considered for a visit.
5. Provide Supplemental Items
By signing our application form, you are granting us permission to contact your child’s current school.
- For kindergarten and first grade applicants, we require an ISAAGNY school report form.
- Applicants to second through twelfth grade must submit a math teacher recommendation and an English teacher recommendation.
Applicants to all grades must submit to their current school a School Report Release form, which asks the school to send reports and records directly to IDEAL.
We also highly recommend, although we do not require, submitting the ISEE and/or SSAT. Depending on the learning profile of the student, additional information may be requested.
6. Important Dates
In accordance with the ISAAGNY guidelines, the following deadlines apply for Round One applicants to the Standard Program, whose applications and files are completed by Wednesday, January 8, 2021:
- Notification for kindergarten applicants: Thursday, February 4, 2021
- Notification for applicants in Grades 1-8: Tuesday, February 9, 2021
- Notification for applicants in Grades 9-12: Thursday, February 26, 2021
- Kindergarten enrollment contract/parent reply deadline: Thursday, February 11, 2021
- Grades 1-8 enrollment contract/parent reply deadline: Tuesday, March 2, 2021
- Grades 9-12 enrollment contract/parent reply deadline: Friday, March 12, 2021
The IDEAL School of Manhattan does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnic origin, age, disability or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial assistance, and other school-administered programs.
IDEAL has limited openings for immediate 2020-21 placement in select grade levels for qualified candidates. We encourage your inquiry and application. Contact the Admissions Office to inquire about potential openings at 212-769-1699 ext. 10105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.