1. Attend an Open House or a Tuesday Talk and Tour
IDEAL’s Open Houses highlight our Lower, Middle, and High School Programs. Meet our students, faculty, and parents, tour our classes, and learn about the IDEAL Difference at our Open Houses.
Our Tuesday Talk and Tour series will occur several times during the year. The Tuesday Talk and Tour series offers families an opportunity to visit IDEAL, tour the appropriate division, and meet with admissions personnel to answer questions about IDEAL.
2. Submit an Application
3. Schedule a Parent Interview
A member of our Admissions team will contact prospective parents to schedule an interview and to provide an opportunity for you to learn more about our program.
4. Schedule a Child Visit or Observation
Applicants for kindergarten to first grade:
A member of the Admissions Committee may request to observe candidates in their current preschool or kindergarten setting and/or as part of a playgroup at IDEAL.
Applicants for second to twelfth grade:
Students determined to be a potential fit by the Admissions Committee will be invited to visit the school. Transcripts from the student’s current school, the Confidential Teacher Report, and all other necessary evaluations or reports must be submitted before a student will be considered for a visit.
5. Provide Supplemental Items
By signing our application form, you are granting us permission to contact your child’s current school.
We also highly recommend, although we do not require, submitting the ISEE and/or SSAT. Depending on the learning profile of the student, additional information may be requested.
6. Note Important Dates
In accordance with the ISAAGNY guidelines, the following deadlines apply for Round One applicants to the Standard Program:
- Applications and files must be completed: January 8, 2020
- Notification for kindergarten applicants: February 7, 2020
- Notification for applicants in Grades 1-8: February 4, 2020
- Notification for applicants in Grades 9-12: February 13, 2020
- Kindergarten enrollment contract/parent reply deadline: February 14, 2020
- Grades 1-8 enrollment contract/parent reply deadline: February 25, 2020
- Grades 9-12 enrollment contract/parent reply deadline: March 12, 2020
The IDEAL School of Manhattan does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnic origin, age, disability or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial assistance, and other school administered programs.