Next Steps Transition Program Application Process
1. Attend a Virtual Open House
IDEAL’s Open Houses highlight our Lower, Middle, High School, and Next Steps Programs. Meet our students, faculty, and parents and learn about The IDEAL Difference at our virtual Open Houses.
Our Tuesday Talk and Tour series will include many dates throughout the year. The Tuesday Talk and Tour series offers families an opportunity to visit IDEAL and meet with admissions personnel to answer your questions.
2. Submit an Application
Access our online Admissions Application here. Select “PG” as the grade you are applying to for our Next Steps Program.
3. Parent Interview
A member of our admissions team will contact prospective parents to schedule an interview and to provide an opportunity for you to learn more about our program.
4. Student Observations and Virtual Visits
Students determined to be a potential fit for our Next Steps Program by the Admissions Committee will be invited to interview and/or virtually visit the school. Transcripts from the student’s current school, the Confidential Teacher Report, and all other necessary evaluations or reports must be submitted before a student will be considered for admission.
5. Supplemental Items
By signing our application form, you are granting us permission to contact your child’s current school.
- Applicants must submit a teacher recommendation.
- Applicants to all grades must submit to the current school a School Report Release form, which asks the school to send reports and records directly to IDEAL.
- Applicants to our Next Steps Program must submit a completed neuropsychological or psycho-educational evaluation that is current within two years.
- Applicants to our Next Steps Program must submit the most recent reports from all professionals working with the applicant, including related service providers and therapists, if applicable.
- Applicants to our Next Steps Program must submit, if applicable, the child’s most recent IEP.
- Depending on the learning profile of the student, additional information and reports from other professionals may be requested. Applicants to our Next Steps Program must submit an Authorization for Release of Information form.
6. Notification for 2021-22 enrollment
For Next Steps Program applicants, IDEAL operates on a rolling admissions basis.
The IDEAL School of Manhattan does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnic origin, age, disability or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial assistance, and other school-administered programs.
IDEAL has limited openings for immediate 2020-21 placement in select grade levels for qualified candidates. We encourage your inquiry and application. Contact the Admissions Office to inquire about potential openings at 212-769-1699 ext. 10105 or email@example.com.