Zenith and Dylan Application Process
1. Attend an Open House
IDEAL’s Open Houses highlight our Lower, Middle, and High School Programs. Meet our students, faculty, and parents, tour our classes, and learn about the IDEAL Difference at our Open Houses.
Our Tuesday Talk and Tour series will occur several times during the year. The Tuesday Talk and Tour series offers families an opportunity to visit IDEAL, tour the appropriate division, and meet with admissions personnel to answer questions about IDEAL.
2. Submit an Application
3. Parent Interview
A member of our Admissions team will contact prospective parents to schedule an interview and to provide an opportunity for you to learn more about our program.
4. Child Visit or Observation
Applicants for kindergarten to first grade:
A member of the Admissions Committee may request to observe candidates in their current pre-school or kindergarten setting and/or as part of a playgroup at IDEAL.
Applicants for grades two through twelve:
Students determined to be a potential fit by the Admissions Committee will be invited to visit the school. Transcripts from the student’s current school, the Confidential Teacher Report, and all other necessary evaluations or reports must be submitted before a student will be considered for a visit.
5. Supplemental Items
By signing our application form, you are granting us permission to contact your child’s current school.
- For kindergarten and first grade applicants, we require an ISAAGNY school report form.
- Applicants to second through twelfth grade must submit a teacher recommendation.
- Applicants to all grades must submit to the current school a School Report Release form, which asks the school to send reports and records directly to IDEAL.
- Applicants to the Zenith or Dylan Programs in all grades must submit a completed neuro-psychological or psycho-educational evaluation that is current within two years.
- Applicants to the Zenith or Dylan Programs in all grades must submit the most recent reports from all professionals working with the applicant, including related service providers and therapists, if applicable.
- Applicants to the Zenith or Dylan Programs in all grades must submit, if applicable, the child’s most recent IEP.
- Depending on the learning profile of the student, additional information and reports from other professionals may be requested. Applicants to our Zenith and Dylan programs must submit an Authorization for Release of Information form.
6. Notification for 2019-20 enrollment
For Zenith and Dylan Program applicants, IDEAL operates on a rolling admissions basis.
The IDEAL School of Manhattan does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnic origin, age, disability or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial assistance, and other school-administered programs.